G6.0 Beta 2
The second Beta release of G6.
- Now testing a new logo and typeface. The reason for this change is that the existing logo was designed as a raster, meaning it’s been difficult getting high resolution versions out of it. If you prefer the older logo, please comment here.
- Improvements have been made when using the polyhedral optimiser1.
- Bookmarks →
Folder Name→ Open All in Tabs is now working again!
- Waterfox’s internal CSS should stop overwriting websites that use the same element names, such as the eBay listing submission page.
- The default theme has been updated to version 7.5.0.
- The website has now been updated! It should be much more performant, while looking more professional.
- Some more performance oriented upgrades are in testing, but may not make it for final release.
- Waterfox for Android’s feature set has been finalised, but requires updating to the latest components. This is in progress and is due for release. iOS is now in the pipeline as well.
- Privacy enhancements to some of the most popular search engines (wink wink, nudge nudge) are also in the pipeline, with more to be revealed soon.
- Linux deserves some love too, and optimisations are in the works for the final release.
- A complete revamp of the config options set by default is also on it’s way.
In simple terms, polyhedral optimisation tunes the browser’s inner loops to make maximum use of the CPU and memory. This speeds up repetitive tasks like rendering, scrolling, and video playback that rely on loops. The end result is a faster, smoother browsing experience for the user. ↩