ONLY if you upgraded from
G4.0.0, you may have had your login sessions on various websites unavailable. This was due to the setting of First Party Isolation to ON by default. This privacy focused preference only allows cookies, cache and local storage accessible by websites on the same domain and creates a separate session to when it is disabled. In
G4.0.1 it is now OFF by default and your previous G3 session will be restored. If you started creating new sessions and logins in G4 and would like to have them still used, you can type
about:config in the address bar, search for
privacy.firstparty.isolate and toggle it to
true once more.
- The Waterfox Classic styled theme “Australis” is now available! You can switch to it in
- Some issues when upgrading from G3 -> G4.
about:preferencesno longer renders incorrectly in certain situations.
- Modified “Recent Activity” settings will now apply.
- When you open a “New Window”, the address bar will now focus correctly.
- You can now toggle
extensions.getAddons.cache.enabledto populate extension information in
- DNS-over-HTTPS is now disabled by default - you must opt-in if you wish to use it.
- There are now additional preferences in
- The status bar does not include default items (zoom, full screen, screenshot).
- Addon version numbers are not displayed next to their title in
- There are issues installing bootstrapped addons, resulting in an “addon is corrupt” error message.