When upgrading from
G4.0.0, you may have had your login sessions on various websites unavailable. This was due to the setting of First Party Isolation to ON by default. This privacy focused preference only allows cookies, cache and local storage accessible by websites on the same domain and creates a separate session to when it is disabled. In
G4.0.1 it is now OFF by default and your previous G3 session will be restored. If you started creating new sessions and logins in G4 and would like to have them still used, you can type
about:config in the address bar, search for
privacy.firstparty.isolate and toggle it to
true once more.
- The Waterfox Classic styled theme “Australis” is now available! You can switch to it in
- Linux users original profile location should now be picked up again.
- Fixed an issue where Private Tab would conflict with extensions such as Simple Tab Groups.
- https://addons.mozilla.org should recognise Waterfox once more and allow you to install addons directly.
- You can now enable syncing of your settings. It is still off by default.
- You can now modify the UI density.
- First Party Isolation is now off by default.
about:preferencesmay be missing certain settings and render incorrectly.
- The status bar is missing default items (zoom, full screen, screenshot).
- Theme previews may show up in greyscale rather than their actual colours.
- Addon version numbers are not displayed next to their title in