27th of March marks ten years of surfing the web with Waterfox 🌊
I am proud to announce the decennial release of Waterfox. It has been an incredible journey, with peaks and troughs at every stage. What started out as a side project has become something more than I could have ever dreamed of.
Waterfox now has an office, we are based just off Brick Lane, London. We also have a new employee - please meet Adam! He has been helping out the project over the last few months and is the one who implemented support for Chrome extensions.
I will be posting on my personal site about the adventure over the last decade (so keep your eyes peeled!) - we are only set to grow from here. I really hope everyone has enjoyed being a part of this journey - here is to another ten years 🍾
📝 What’s new in
- Automatically switch between dark and light theme depending on system settings in Preferences > Language and Apprearance
- Choose your preferred language in Preferences > Language and Apprearance
- Startpage will now show search suggestions if set as default search engine
- Improved the user experience when installing a Chrome/Opera web extension.
- Upgraded to Gecko 78.9
- Reduced connections made to Mozilla’s settings service
- macOS and Linux are missing extra languages for now.
🏆 Support Waterfox
If you like what Waterfox does, please consider using the default search (Bing) with adblock disabled on it, or the even more privacy focused Startpage.