Fix for websites that require EME such as Netflix, Prime Video etc and few other small changes.
📝 What’s new in Waterfox 56.2.13?
- Updated Gecko Media Plugin components
- Waterfox now supports the latest version of the Widevine CDM (v10). This should last for a while until Google sunsets this version.
- A few memory leaks were fixed due to this upgrade
- Upgraded from Widevine CDM 220.127.116.118 to Widevine CDM 4.10.1440.19
- Upgraded from OpenH264 1.6 to OpenH264 1.8.1
- This should result in less crashing and better performance
- Support filtering streaming response data via webRequest API (Thanks to hawkeye116477)
- Support access keys in extension menus (Thanks to ChiaYen Kan)
- User agent overrides are now much easier to add - with the options to have an automatic updating list depending on how users feel about this.
⚠️ PLEASE READ IF USING NETFLIX OR SIMILAR
- If upgrading from previous versions of Waterfox, you will be asked to re-enable DRM. After re-enabling, if videos with DRM do not work please restart Waterfox and videos should start to work again.
If you’d really like to help Waterfox out, please consider using the default search (Bing) with adblock disabled on it, it would be such a huge show of support! The default search is fairly privacy friendly.