A large amount of changes, including many performance improvements and security updates.
What’s new in Waterfox 56.2.0?
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories patched:
- General Desktop
- Remove Google Play Services from Android (will now be able to add to F-Droid!)
- Stylo is now built, but disabled by default.
- Rust components are now built with optimisations.
- Updated various media codecs.
- Tested a new way to keep Waterfox components up to date with the release branch of Firefox (includes security and performance upgrades for the components):
- svg.context-properties.content.enabled is now true by default.
- Fingerprint option now disguises Waterfox as Firefox 60.
- Support for ffmpeg-4.0
- Downloads now take you to a proper downloads page, with Portable download link fixed!
- Downloads archive will also be on this page (just re-uploading it all)
Big thank you to the following contributors for this release:
What’s coming up?
- Integration of a classic add-on catalogue within about:addons.
- Re-implement Cookie Prompt.
- Include libc++-static to support Mac OS X 10.6.
- Port over various 57 WebExtension APIs that didn’t make it into 56.