This release brings with it a brand new website and Android on the Google Play Store.
What’s new in Waterfox 56.1.0?
- After many requests, you can now Buy Me a Coffee! (Donation)
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory Patches:
- General Desktop
- Stylo is now enabled and built for Waterfox on all Desktop platforms.
- Cookie prompt has been removed until it is fixed properly
- The new about:preferences interfact has been fixed, can be enabled via browser.preferences.useOldOrganization
- Profile import has been re-architected.
- You can now Refresh your profile at about:support!
- Update various media codecs.
- Disable the add-ons discovery pane
- Disable attempted telemetry ping to nowhere.
- Enable support for input type=date and type=time.
- Show punycode by default to prevent phishing.
- OS X 10.7 support is now properly back.
- Fixed playback issues on Windows that utilise the WMF decoder.
- If you have issues with setting the default browser, re-download and use the Installer.
What’s coming up?
- Integration of a classic add-on catalogue within about:addons.
- Re-implement Cookie Prompt.
- Include libc++-static to support Mac OS X 10.6.
- Remove Google Play Services from Android to add it to the F-Droid store.
- Port over various 57 WebExtension APIs that didn’t make it into 56.