Waterfox 49.0.3 is now available to download.
What’s new in Waterfox 49.0.3?
- Updated codebase to Firefox 49.0.2
What’s new in Waterfox 22.214.171.124? (Mac Only)
- Switched to OS X 10.11 SDK to prevent crashes on pre macOS Sierra systems
What’s new in Waterfox 49.0.2?
- Removed remaining Mozilla pingback URLs
- Set minimum supported version for OS X to 10.6 (not guaranteed to run)
- Fixed ICU reverting back to 56.1, now at 57.1 again
- Removed graphics from empty snippet box on home page.
What’s new in Waterfox 49.0.1?
- Tor browser anonymity features were meant to be in this release but will be pushed back to the next release
- Windows XP 64-Bit may have issues running the latest version, this is being looked into
- Updated codebase to Firefox 49.0.1
What features does Waterfox currently have?
- Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
- Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
- Removed Pocket completely
- Removed all telemetry/data collection being sent back to Mozilla
- Disabled the 64-Bit NPAPI white-list so that the user can decide what plugins they can run (doesn’t make sense for Mozilla to do this as most of their user base probably aren’t technically proficient), but it’s something Waterfox users are capable of handling.
- I’ve also allowed unsigned extensions to run as well as there are still some old extensions people like to use (it’s disabled by Mozilla for the same reason as above)
- Windows XP 64-Bit support
- ICU updated to 57.1
- Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
- When using a profile shared by Firefox, sponsored tile and snippet URLs may overwrite default Waterfox settings, enabling them again
- Automatic updates will be delayed by 24 hours to make sure there aren’t any pressing issues before seeding to everyone.
Partnership with Ecosia
Waterfox has now partnered with Ecosia as a way to raise funds. When using Ecosia, revenue generated from ads helps plant trees and contributes to Waterfox upkeep costs! If you’d like to help support Waterfox while also doing some good in the world, please help us out by using it!
As always, head to the Downloads page for the latest versions!