Waterfox 43.0.4 fixes crashing on Windows and updates Mac to the latest code base.
What’s new in Waterfox 43.0.4?
- Fixed crashing that occured when a user didn’t have an exisiting Waterfox or Firefox profile.
- Update base code for Windows & Mac releases to Firefox 43.0.4
- Language packs are now available for download
What’s new in Waterfox 43.0.1?
- Fixed various crashes with less aggressive optimisation flags (Removal of -Qprec-div- -Qip -Qopt-prefetch)
What’s new in Waterfox 43.0?
- Based on 43.0.3
- Fixed UI malformation caused by Bug 1157984
- Enabled aggressive optimisation flags (-O3 -Qprec-div- -Qip -Qopt-prefetch -Qparallel -QaxCORE-AVX2,CORE-AVX-I,AVX,SSE4.2,SSE4.1,SSSE3 -arch:SSE3), which should bring performance back up to par!
- Updated enabled HTML5 features
- Added Disconnect.me and Ecosia search engines to the search engine list
- Full support for Windows XP (including WebGL, may have to disable Hardware Acceleration)
- Removal of 64-Bit NPAPI whitelist
- Removal of signed extension requirement
- Removal of Encrypted Media Extensions (DRM)
- Removal of all Mozilla Data Reporting services (properly)
- Fixed low resolution icons
- Waterfox registry entries to not use the same as Firefox (Windows Only)
- Automatic updates for Mac now work!
As always, head to the Downloads page for the latest versions! Automatic updates delayed by 24-hours while the update files are propagated across the CDN.