📝 What’s new in Waterfox Classic 2021.07
- Support for optionally enabling
- Allow redirects for requests that require preflight.
- Implement missing calculation support for stroke-dashoffset.
- Improvements for Web Animations API.
- Avoid various crashes.
- Added user agent overrides for websites that didn’t recognise Waterfox Classic.
- Issues with
- Improved tables support.
- Preserve newlines in textarea placeholders.
- Update ResizeObserver to match the current spec.
- Add missing IDL definitions for CSP .nonce attributes.
- Changed behavior for
- Security patches from latest ESR.
- Portable builds for Classic will no longer be provided. Download the latest here and upgrade using the internal updater to carry on having an up-to-date portable version.
- DRM modules have been updated but no longer seem to work on macOS. If you’d like to watch DRM protected content such as on Netflix, Prime Video, etc. you will need to upgrade to Waterfox G3.
Contributors for this release
† As the differences between Classic and later Firefox versions grow, we are doing our best to patch the security advisories as we think apply to Classic. Not all patches apply cleanly or apply at all - but our better judgement is used. You can view unapplied security patches here.
🏆 Support Waterfox
If you’d really like to help Waterfox out, please consider using the default search (Bing) with adblock disabled on it, it would be such a huge show of support! The default search is fairly privacy friendly.