Security updates and some feature changes.
❗️ Logo Updates
Please be aware that Waterfox Classic now has an updated logo. We are looking into how to better handle the difference between Classic and Current.
Current will now take over the use of the standard logo.
📝 What’s new in Waterfox 2020.05
- Latest security advisories from Mozilla for both channels.
- Fixed version display on Windows installers for both channels.
- Latest security advisories patched
- Current now has support for Java and Silverlight once more! Please use at your own risk.
- Latest security advisories patched (best effort)*
Changes you might have missed
- Fixed library requirements on Linux
- Various media library updates
- Added DNS resolution to webextensions api
- Updated timezone data for internationalization functions
- Enabled unprefixed Fullscreen API
- Various website rending issues fixed (Kinguin, Intel, Epic Games and others)
- Fixed problems related with uBO html filters
- Updated en-US dictionary
- Fixed ability to add add-ons via AMO
- Fixed graphical issues on macOS
- Added StartPage as an option
- Enabled containers
- Enabled playback of encrypted VP9 video in fMP4 container
- Disabled establishing connection to links the mouse hovers over
- Enabled user profile customizations and SVG properties
- New features:
- Restart button in PanelUI and Menu
- Copy current tab URL
- Copy all tab URLs
- Added settings for disabling loading images automatically and exceptions
- Added new privacy settings
- Added possibility to hide and show Status Bar or Status Info Overlay
- Added possibility to change Tab Bar, Bookmarks Toolbar and Window Controls position
- Added optional to enable an all-new settings layout
- Added support for new emoji in Unicode/Emoji 12
Added possibility to set browser’s logo as menu icon
- As the differences between Classic and later Firefox versions grow, we are doing are best to patch the security advisories as we think apply to Classic.
Contributors for this release
🏆 Support Waterfox
If you’d really like to help Waterfox out, please consider using the default search (Bing) with adblock disabled on it, it would be such a huge show of support! The default search is fairly privacy friendly.